1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services, or is using any other services provided by Kane9, and agrees to indemnify Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Kane9 has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Kane9 staff prior to using Kane9 Services. Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. For the safety of all participants, prior to inclusion in group activities, proof of spay or neuter is to be provided.
7. Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed and will remain at the discretion of Kane9 staff.
8. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
9. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
10. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
11. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services.
12. The Client agrees that Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
13. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
14. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
15. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
16. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Kane9 Animal & Home Care Services in writing.